BIG BEND WATER AUTHORITY
1313 1st Ave SE, P O Box 670
Steinhatchee, FL 32359
BOARD MEETING MINUTES
September 1, 2022
BBWA Board Members present: Howard Hart, Wendell McKinnon, Stan Ridgeway, Charlie Norwood, Michael Newman, Margaret Corbin and James Valentine
BBWA Employees present: Mark Reblin and Vickie Webb
Also Present: BBWA Attorney Mark Logan and via tele-conference BBWA Engineer Michael Murphy
I. Call to order: Chairman Hart called the meeting to order at 5:00 p.m.
II. Invocation and Pledge of Allegiance: Board Member McKinnon gave the invocation, followed by the Pledge of Allegiance.
III. Approval of September Agenda: Chairman Hart asked for approval of the agenda. Board Member McKinnon made a motion for approval. Board Member Valentine seconded the motion. The vote was unanimous.
IV. Approval of July Invoices: Chairman Hart asked for approval of the July Invoices. Board Member McKinnon made a motion to approve. Board Member Valentine seconded the motion. Chariman Hart had a question about Espenship Invoices. GM Reblin stated they were for multiple jobs and we had been paid by the customer for them as well. The vote was unanimous.
V. Approval of July financials: Board Member McKinnon made a motion to approve the July Financials. Board Member Valentine seconded the motion. The vote was unanimous.
VI. Approval of August Minutes: Chairman Hart asked for approval of the August minutes. Board Member Norwood made a motion to approve and Board Member McKinnon seconded the motion. Chairman Hart asked if the issue at the Sea Hag had been finished, GM Reblin stated BBWA was waiting until after the Labor Day holiday weekend. The vote was unanimous.
VII. Citizens Input: None
VIII. Consideration and Approval of FY 2022-2023 Board Meeting Dates: Chairman Hart asked for approval for the dates. Board Member McKinnon made a motion for approval. Board Member Corbin seconded the motion. The vote was unanimous.
IX. Mark Reblin:
1. Bid Status for Septic to Sewer: GM Reblin stated that we had 2 bids at the bid opening. We are currently in talks with DEP to get additional funding for this project. This additional funding will be 100% grant. If BBWA doesn’t get the additional funding, the amount of septic to sewer numbers will be changed.
2. Sewer Plant Update: GM Reblin said that the new tanks are set, they are using the dirt from the new piece of property for the ponds, the new controls should be here in November and the slabs for the generator & chlorine building will be finished this week. GM Reblin stated that he needed approval of Work Order #6 so that they can continue working and building the new ponds. Board Member Ridgeway made a motion for approval. Board Member McKinnon seconded the motion. The vote was unanimous.
3. Approval for Current Pay Requests: GM Reblin stated that we have a pay request from Music Construction for $712k and one from Mott McDonald for $222k. BBWA has contacted the DEP for a Hardship advanced payment because we can pay these but it would deplete our funds and wait to get reimbursed from DEP. Board Member Norwood made a motion for approval for payment pending the hardship advanced payment comes through. Board Member McKinnon seconded the motion. The vote was unanimous.
4. Discussion of Application for Line of Credit for Paying Pay Requests: GM Reblin stated that he has talked to our bank, Ameris Bank, about a line of credit that would also help us paying these Pay Requests, while waiting for reimbursement from the DEP. This would be another avenue that BBWA has along with applying for Hardship Advance Payments. GM reblin said that we need certain information for the bank to decide and out Attorney, Merk Logan was following up with the answers for the bank consideration. It was decided that the Board needed more information as in, payment information, percentage rate and such before moving forward with the line of credit. GM Reblin stated that he would try to have all that information for the next meeting.
5. Discussion of Submission of Application for Hardship Request to DEP for Pay Request Payments: As mentioned above in #3, we have contacted the DEP for Hardship Advanced Payments to cover the pay requests from Music Construction and Mott McDonald. GM Reblin said we have turned in all paperwork in and are waiting on payment now.
6. Miscellaneous: GM Reblin gave a list of Drinking Water project funding for the State of Florida. BBWA received $5.2 million with repayment of $1.1 million.
X. Mark Logan: Nothing
XI. Board Members Request: None
XV. Announcements. The BBWA board meeting will be October 6, at 5:00 p.m.
XIV. Adjournment: The meeting adjourned at 5:59pm.
Laura Valentine, Clerk Howard Hart